I might be working on these flower photos for a while as I took so many shots over a three day period. This is one that I took on the first day that the irises opened up.
Camera settings were:
- ISO: 100
- Aperture: f/2.8
- Shutter Speed: 0.6
- Lens: “Old School” Sigma 50mm macro (manual focus)
This is yet another hybrid processing/styling photo. I started in Lightroom and only checked the box for Chromatic Aberration. I then used Google Nik Collection’s Define 2 to get rid of any noise. I then used Viveza 2, you can see by the pins the areas that I adjusted.
I then used Color Efex Pro 4 and created a new recipe using the following Filters:
- Detail Extractor (applied only to the area I wanted sharpest)
- Vignette Filter
I was debating with myself whether to use Analog Efex Pro or not, and finally decided to go “play” for a bit. I liked the result of the new “camera kit” I created using the following tools:
- Motion Blur
- Light Leaks
- Levels & Curves
I used Dropbox to transfer the file over for use on my iPad mini as I was going to put some space effects into the dark “penguin shape” on the right but I couldn’t find anything I liked.
On October 8th, Effects Studio had a big update I decided to see what’s new and play around in there with the photo. I tapped on Blend and started tapping on each of the effects to see how it affected the photo; when I got to the 19th one, I liked the way the lighting effects changed the photo. Now all I had to do was play with the sliders until I was happy with the look.
My last step was taking it into Snapseed and using Tune Image with the following settings:
- Brightness: 10
- Ambiance: 20
- Contrast: 5
- Saturation: 0
- Shadows: 10
- Highlights: 10
- Warmth: 5
I was now ready to add my logo/watermark, metadata and StegoMark in iWatermark +.
To get the image ready to post on Instagram I used Insta Full Size and selected the black borders.
The final step was creating the Before and After photo in Leonardo.
List of software/apps used in this post and their links in the iTunes store…
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
- Dfine2 (part of the Google Nik Collection)
- Viveza 2 (part of the Google Nik Collection)
- Color Efex Pro 4 (part of the Google Nik Collection)
- Analog Efex Pro 2 (part of the Google Nik Collection)
- Effects Studio
- iWatermark +
- Insta Full Size
Products used in this post (amazon.com affiliate links unless otherwise noted)…
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 16MP Live MOS Mirrorless Digital Camera with 3.0-Inch Tilting OLED Touchscreen [Body Only] Silver (not affiliate link as this model has been discontinued)
- Fotodiox Pro Lens Mount Adapter, Nikon Lens to Micro Four Thirds Cameras
- Sigma Fixed/Prime 50mm f/2.8 Macro MF Manual Focus (search results on ebay)