Like most people, I love waterfalls. Living in Southern California we don’t have very many, at least that I know of, and certainly not the lush green waterfalls of other locations. In 2011 my travel partner, myself and our four dogs headed up to Dunsmuir.
Since I’m a nature lover I immediately fell in love with the quaint town surrounded by lush greens and the Sacramento River roaring through. The sight of nearby Mount Shasta didn’t hurt either. Mossbrae Falls isn’t exactly easy to get to, nor do they want to make it that way, as you have to follow railroad tracks with trains running through there pretty often. At the time I was using the Sony HX-1 camera with a built in ND filter, armed with a tripod I was able to get a relatively slow shutter speed to slow down the falls.
The image is flat looking. I opened it up in iColorama and went immediately to Tone>LUTS and then tapped on each one to see which one made the change I wanted. Luckily it only took 22 times (out of 121). I then adjusted the Saturation slider to 0.15 and the Lightness slider to 0.10
I was very happy with the new look, but was going for something a little more abstract. I played around with several of the modules before going into Coherence. That is where I stopped…at 11/11 and adjusting the Opacity slider to 0.80, the Size to 5.00, Wave to 4.00 and I left the Field at 21.00.
I thought I was done! Typic came out with a new version yesterday so I had to take a look around. I opened the Final Image in Typic and swiped past the filters. When I finally got to the fonts section I liked how they now have the fonts separated into categories. I used three text layers and two fonts – I also got a new name for this post (it had been Abstract Falls). The more I look at the final image from different angles I keep seeing faces…hence the name on the image and the blog post name.
I changed the color of the text for Text 1 and 3 and lowered the opacity on all three to about 50%. The reason was that the faces are subtle so I wanted the text to be subtle.
I was now ready to add my logo/watermark in iWatermark.
The final step was creating the Before and After photo in Leonardo.
List of apps used in this post and their links in the iTunes store…
Products used in this post (amazon.com affiliate links unless otherwise noted)…