I enjoy playing around, and experimenting, with my cameras. In 2009, when the original photo was taken, I was playing around with the sun and other objects, my hands/fingers/a plastic torch/etc. I never really got around to processing them…until today.
Here is the original photo taken with the Canon S3IS sometime before October of 2009 when I switched to the Sony HX-1. (I wish I would have written down the folder date where I found this image as I can’t find it now)
Since I was holding the camera with one hand…and we only have one sun, I longed for the day when mirroring the image was super easy. After transferring the photo to my iPad mini using the RAV FileHub I opened the photo in Mirrored app, within a couple of seconds I had what I’ve been waiting years to be able to do (in seconds)!
Now all I had to do was get rid of the remains in the bottom, center of the image. TouchRetouch HD makes it pretty easy. Just click on the brush icon, paint the area you want gone and then hit the play icon.
I use the Leonardo app for creating the Before/After image for the beginning of each post, I forget about all the other things it can do, so I thought I’d play around a bit and see what look I could get.
To start, I duplicated the original layer then I clicked on the FX icon and looked down the list of effects. I decided to start with the first one, Color Presets. I clicked on each of the presets and made a mental note of which one(s) I liked. In the end “Wild Fire” won out. I played around with the Opacity slider and settled on 80.1 – I couldn’t get it to stop on 80.0 for some reason…but what’s .1? LOL
I liked the new pale yellow color streaming through the “eyes”.
I duplicated the previous layer and then tried Improve>Clarity to see what it would do. It wasn’t what I was expecting, but I loved the effect. Settings were:
- Clarity: 73.0
- Radius: 35.4 (again, I couldn’t get it to stop on a whole number).
Since it made the image look like it had a lot of noise I duplicated the layer then added a Gaussian Blur amount of 30.1.
Back in Layers I slid the Gaussian Blur layer below the Clarity layer then changed the mode from Normal to Screen, then flattened all layers as I thought I was done.
I found myself heading back to the FX screen and started playing around with the Light Leaks. I chose Light 12 with an amount of 61.
It was so pretty and ethereal looking. It took a while to think what I wanted to say on the photo, but when I was ready I opened Typic. Yes, I could have used Leonardo to add text, but that’s what Typic does best…text, and design elements.
I used all four text boxes:
- Text 1: See
- Text 2: Love
- Text 3: With the
- Text 4: Eyes of
Clicking on each “Text” box brought up options for font name, by swiping the screen you can then change the color, shadow, opacity and letter spacing.
I was now ready to add my logo/watermark in iWatermark.
The final step was creating the Before and After photo in Leonardo.
List of apps used in this post and their links in the iTunes store…
Products used in this post (amazon.com affiliate links unless otherwise noted)…