Here’s another shot from the walk around Moorpark College last weekend. The little fuzzy seeds reminded me of Tribbles (from the Star Trek episode “The Trouble With Tribbles.”
While I wanted it to have more of a Tribble look, it ended up more in the direction of fairies…and I’m just as happy with that.
Here is the original, unprocessed photo taken with the Olympus OM-D EM-5.
I opened up the image in Snapseed first and ran it through Tune Image with the following settings:
- Brightness: 50
- Ambiance: -5
- Contrast: 5
- Saturation: 5
- Shadows: 20
- Warmth: 10
I then used center focus with the following settings, I moved the blue dot over the fuzzy seed area and pinched to make the area smaller:
- Blur Strength: 15
- Outer Brightness: -50
- Inner Brightness: 20
I then ran it through Grunge 2 times for two different looks, but using the same settings. In case you didn’t know, the default setting for Grunge is in the center…with a pretty big radius. If you tap that area you will see a blue dot which you can then move around the screen, and also pinch to make smaller; which is what I did. The first time through I moved the blue dot over the fuzzy seeds and made the circle cover only that area. After applying, and saving, the result I then clicked on Revert to start with the above image. I used the same settings but this time I moved the blue dot to the right.
- Style: 1180
- Brightness: 15
- Contrast: 40
- Texture Strength: 45
- Saturation: 50
- Texture 2 kept shuffling till I found one without holes
I then opened iColorama and did two different blending versions.
First I opened the image that was saved after using Circle Blur and blended it with the output from the first Grunge version. I used the Average blend mode and came up with this…
I saved that version then opened up the second Grunge version to blend. This time I used Multiply and lowered the Opacity to .90 and Feature to .80 (or was it .70?)
Either I forgot to do a step (blend the two previous results together), or I forgot to take a screenshot and save the image which makes me think I forgot to do that. I do remember doing some masking around the fuzzy seeds…
The next step was using Coherence 3/11 set to screen mode and lowering the Opacity to .60; that darkened everything around the mask and kept the main fuzzy seed lighter.
I saved the result and exited iColorama as I saw there was a new Beta available – guess I should mention that I’m one of the Beta testers so I get to play with the latest versions before they go public…it also means that some of the settings I show may not be in the same area with the public version. After downloading and installing the new version I went in to test out the “Light” settings, as of this beta it is up to 36. For my image I ended up using the following settings:
- Effects>Light: 3/36
- Opacity: 100
- Amount: .50
- Exposure: .30
- Density: .70
- Color: Pale Yellow
I was now ready to add my logo/watermark in iWatermark.
The final step was creating the Before and After photo in Leonardo.
List of apps used in this post and their links in the iTunes store…
Products used in this post (amazon.com affiliate links unless otherwise noted)…
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 16MP Live MOS Mirrorless Digital Camera with 3.0-Inch Tilting OLED Touchscreen and 12-50mm Lens (Silver) (not affiliate link as this model has been discontinued)
- [5-in-1] RAVPower FileHub Wireless SD Card Reader with Built-in 3000mAh External Battery Pack)