Castle in the Clouds

Today’s image is nowhere near what I had envisioned when I started processing it. Luckily, for me, I wasn’t excited with the result of the statues. But I’ll let you decide. Here’s the original, unprocessed photo:

Original, unprocessed photo taken with the Olympus OM-D EM-5

Original, unprocessed photo taken with the Olympus OM-D EM-5

 

 

After processing in Snapseed using HDR Scape, Tune Image, Selective Adjust and Grunge I had this image:

After processing in Snapseed

After processing in Snapseed

 

 

I liked it, but the table, seating and tree in the space between the shapes bugged me. It was then that I decided to take it into iColorama, mirror the image and then mask out the offending area. While masking I thought there had to be a better way.

I brought the original photo in and decided to play around with the mirror settings. I ended up with the following image.

iColorama Form>Mirror>5/17

iColorama Form>Mirror>5/17

The title came to me as my mind saw the image with the spire pointing upwards. I saved the image, just in case, and then hit apply. All was good until I went to mirror the photo with the spire facing due North. The app crashed! Luckily I had it saved. Granted I was running several other apps on my iPad mini.

 

 

Since I was going to be taking it into Snapseed to process the look in the image on Page 2, I decided to just use Snapseed to rotate the image.

Image rotated in Snapseed

Image rotated in Snapseed

 

Armed with my paper notes full of settings it was time to get down to business, so to speak. And here they are..

HDR Scape settings:

  • Filter Strength: 50
  • Brightness: 50
  • Saturation: 25
After HDR Scape

After HDR Scape

 

Tune Image settings:

  • Brightness: 0
  • Ambiance: 25
  • Contrast: 20
  • Saturation: 20
  • Shadows: 100
  • Warmth: -10
After Tune Image

After Tune Image

 

Grunge settings:

  • Style: 470
  • Brightness: 15
  • Contrast: 65
  • Texture Strength: 35
  • Saturation: 40
  • (for texture I selected 5 and shuffled through different ones until I came across one that I really liked)
After Grunge

After Grunge

 

 

I opened up the saved image in several different apps but wasn’t getting the look I wanted. I finally came across LensLight and found what I was looking for.

I used “Sunset” on each of the balls and added “White Rays” to the entire image before masking out the castle.

5 layers used to create the final image

5 layers used to create the final image

 

 

I was now ready to add my logo/watermark in iWatermark.

Adding my logo/watermark in iWatermark

Adding my logo/watermark in iWatermark

 

The final step was creating the Before and After photo in Leonardo.

Castle in the Clouds - Before and After

Castle in the Clouds – Before and After

 

 

List of apps used in this post and their links in the iTunes store…

 

 

Products used in this post (amazon.com affiliate links unless otherwise noted)…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s